Your hair deserves the best care that is possible. Only using good hair care products is not enough, so you need to know about the most effective tips that will save you from hair fall and damage. Read this blog for such tips!
Top Hair Care Tips to Follow
Do remember to follow these tips every time you wash, comb, and style your hair.
- Tips to Wash Your Hair
You might be making a few showering mistakes that are preventing your hair from looking its best. Here are some ideas that you can implement while washing your hair:
- Oiling your hair before washing is probably the best thing you can do for it. So, massage some almond, coconut, or olive oil into your hair and scalp an hour before you take a shower.
- Always use cool or lukewarm water when washing your hair to seal the cuticles and keep the moisture in. Hot water might damage your hair just as the heat from heat styling tools can dehydrate it and cause split ends.
- Dilute the shampoo when using any shampoo. When we wash our hair, we all tend to use two to three pumps of shampoo. Unfortunately, shampoo robs your hair of its natural oils, leaving it dry. Use 1-2 pumps of shampoo diluted in half a mug of water to wash your hair to avoid that from happening.
- When shampooing your head, avoid rough rubbing. Instead, to avoid excessive tangling and damage, gently massage your scalp and hair with your fingers in small, circular motions as you shampoo. Also, use shampoos from trusted shampoos like Olaplex Hair Care products.
- Only use conditioner on the ends of your hair. Coating the entire length of your hair with conditioner can lead to a lot of buildup on the scalp. Only condition your hair from the middle to the ends, then rinse it out after two minutes.
- Tips to Dry Your Hair
The most important and final piece of advice is to skip days when you do not need to wash your hair. While you may think that you are being extremely hygienic, all this will actually do is dehydrate and harm your hair, taking away its natural oils to increase its susceptibility to breakage and hair loss. Brushing and drying your hair is likely causing significant damage too often. Here are a few things to remember once you have washed your hair:
- After a shower, pat your hair dry with a microfiber towel. A terry cloth towel can tangle your hair excessively, increase frizz, and cause it to break. So, avoid using it.
- Avoid blow-drying as it causes heavy damage to your hair. A blow dryer heat is just as damaging to your hair as heat styling tools. Allow damp hair to air-dry after applying a leave-in conditioner. If you must use a blow dryer, make one simple change. Blow dry your hair only when it is partially dry. This allows your hair cuticles to close and protects them from heat damage.
- Tips to Brush Your Hair
Brushing your hair requires a little more finesse than simply using your favorite hairbrush comb. Knots and tangles cause a lot of hair breakage. Here are a few effective tips that you must follow:
- Use good quality products like Olaplex hair perfector no. 3 repairing treatment which will cause fewer hair tangles.
- While your hair is still wet, detangle it with a wide-toothed comb in the shower itself. It is easier and less painful to detangle your hair when it is soft and malleable.
- Stop detangling your hair with a round brush or a metal brush right away. These hair brushes are designed to be used when you are blow-drying your hair and not otherwise. To remove knots and tangles from your hair on a daily basis, you can use a comb with wide teeth, a brush with boar bristles, or a stagger-toothed comb.
- You might be surprised to learn that detangling wet or dry hair from roots to ends can result in more knots and, eventually, more breakage. Begin brushing a few inches above the ends and gradually go up to the scalp.
- Tips to Style Your Hair
When using heat styling tools on your hair, such as a curling wand or a straightening iron, keep two things in mind:
- While it is best to avoid using heat styling tools entirely, limiting your use to once or twice a week is a great. After all, using heat on your hair too frequently can lead to split ends and hair damage.
- Before straightening or curling your hair, always, apply a heat protectant. This acts as a barrier between your hair and the heat, protecting it from irreversible damage.
- Tips to Take Care of Your Hair at Night
We generally take care of our hair during the day but fall asleep without considering how we might harm it while sleeping. Keep the following things in mind before going to bed:
- If you prefer sleeping with your hair tied up, use a soft hair elastic or bandana to tie it loosely. Tight ponytails and buns can cause your hair strands to break while you sleep.
- Wrap a silk scarf around your head or sleep on a pillowcase made of silk or satin. Cotton pillowcases irritate your hair and cause frizz and breakage.
As we reach the end of this blog, we would advise you to follow these tips as much as possible and also use the top branded hair care products that indeed take care of your hair. If you want to buy some quality hair care products then do read about our products to purchase them.