The best time to take care of your skin through a religious skincare routine is at night. This is because your skin gets at least 6 to 8 hours of complete rest and does not come in contact with sun, dirt, or pollution while you are peacefully sleeping at night. Choose the right skin care products that will give your skin routine cleansing and moisturizing besides making it radiant and soft.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Nighttime Skin Care Routine
Follow these effective steps to get the skin that you have always desired!
Step 1: Intense Cleansing
Since your skin repairs itself naturally during the night, your night skin care routine should focus on intense treatment and providing your skin with what it requires. If your skin is looking drab, exfoliate it. If it feels irritated then hydrate and protect it. Here is how to get the most out of the skin care products for women:
- Some experts recommend you to remove all your makeup first with a makeup remover before cleansing your face with a good quality gentle cleanser to cleanse the day’s grime, dirt, oil, and makeup. Better yet, try cleansing your skin twice.
- First, take off your makeup. Typically, a cleansing oil would be used at this stage. The second step is to use a face wash to remove any remaining dirt, sebum, or makeup that was released in the first step. This leaves your skin fresh and ready to soak up the rest of your skin care regimen products.
Step 2: Using Toners & Skin Boosters
At night, some of you might like to apply layers of several types of skin care boosters. These can be skin-hydrating mists, beauty waters, essences, or serums. Products like Cerave vitamin C serum and others are incorporated with several active ingredients as their primary function is to hydrate, rejuvenate, and replenish your skin.
- As these are light, almost water-based formulas, use them as you would a toner after washing your face. First, apply the toner and then the essence if you are using both. Toner is used for cleaning, while essence is used for treatment.
- Step 3: Applying Eye Cream
Eye creams, in addition to treating crow’s feet and dark circles, can protect your delicate eye areas from other skin care products.
- Generally, you should apply your eye cream before your treatments to protect your eye area from potentially irritating ingredients in other skin care products.
Note: Be careful to avoid the eyes when using serums, creams, cleansers, etc. In case of any irritations caused by these products, wash your eyes immediately.
Step 4: Using Serums & Creams
Skin does the majority of its repairing, reviving, and regenerating while you are sleeping. Treatments for skin care, such as prescribed retinol creams, a skin renewing vitamin C serum (incorporated with growth factors, peptides, and other biologically active ingredients), medications (acne, tretinoin, and rosacea creams), and exfoliative treatments (peel masks and pads) are best used at night. Instead of combining all the skin treatment serums and creams, choose an evening treatment based on your needs. You can also use these products one at a time on alternate days.
- Step 5: Putting Skin-Hydrating Products
If your skin is or feels dry, consider using a skin-hydrating face oil or cream mask. Both products are quite gentle and can be applied to your face whenever your skin requires an extra dose of hydration.
- Step 6: Moisturizing Thoroughly
Some individuals use the same moisturizer throughout the day. Since night moisturizers or creams are typically thicker, they take several hours to get absorbed. Moisturizers, particularly those used at night, form a layer of protection on the skin, preventing dehydration when you are sleeping. Keeping the skin’s water content high is essential for healing, rejuvenating, and maintaining healthy skin. If you use a proper moisturizer, it should be your final step because nothing will get through it. A moisturizer acts as a sealing agent to keep the moisture of your skin from getting evaporated.
Best Cosmetics Trade offers a range of trusted and effective beauty care products including Cerave hydrating sunscreen SPF 50, L’Oreal products, and others. Give your skin a protective and rejuvenating treatment daily and witness exceeding beauty and radiance.